Soligor wide-auto 1:2.8 f=28mm

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Adapter to go onto what camera? \$\endgroup\$
    – MikeW
    Feb 24, 2015 at 23:28
  • \$\begingroup\$ I've edited the question; I think it's actually one step earlier than asking for an adapter, but simply asking what mount it's made for. From that, you can figure out the right adapter for any other specific mount (if that combination is possible). \$\endgroup\$
    – mattdm
    Feb 24, 2015 at 23:32

1 Answer 1


This lens was made in many, many different versions over the years — Soligor primarily (or exclusively?) licensed other company's products and attached their name. This forum post identifies at least 21 different versions, and those may come in multiple mounts.

I'm pretty sure that this one has an old Minolta bayonet mount (Minolta MC/MD). That's substantiated by the label MIN, which presumably indicates Minolta. You can compare many old lens mounts on this page — or, a google images search can be very helpful too.

For adapting this to a modern DSLR, the bad news is that the flange focal distance is roughly the same as modern lens mounts. See Is it possible to adapt lens from one brand into another brand's body? for more on that. You can get adapters, but they need to contain glass in order to retain infinity focus, and therefore will either be very expensive or compromise image quality. If, instead, you want to adapt to a mirrorless camera system, you may have better luck — see for example How can I use a manual-focus Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 55mm SLR lens on a four-thirds system?


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.