I have compiled two images to become one. The one image is from Nova Scotia and the other in Utah. I placed the Utah image on top of the top half of the image from Nova Scotia and it looks like it's all one image.

Is there a technical name for this type of compilation? Many people would not recognize that these are two different images.


A "composite picture" is probably what you are looking for.


It is called compositing, and the seamless blending is sometimes called stitching.


I have also come across the word "Image Merging"

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.