What do these lens types denote. I have seen similar questions, but they don't have the answer I'm looking for. I have a Nikon D5200. It does not have a focus motor in the camera, so it relies on the lens. But with what all types of lens, my nikon will autofocus?

marked as duplicate by mattdm, MikeW, Dan Wolfgang, Hugo, TFuto Oct 21 '14 at 22:40

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • more info here: photo.stackexchange.com/questions/496/… – MikeW Oct 21 '14 at 20:47
  • hey, there guys! the already present answers just gives mere expansion of those letters and alphabets. I'm looking for explanation of what they do. And my question is specific to my camera too./ – Harish R Oct 22 '14 at 9:55
  • The first "duplicate" doesn't go into too much detail, but cover what "G" and "D" mean, which aren't relevant to auto focus. The second question seems to fully answer your question though. If not let us know why. – MikeW Oct 22 '14 at 18:17
  • Well, I'm looking for an explanation of what each lens alphabet mean. like what they do, their features, etc. – Harish R Oct 22 '14 at 18:57

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.