My goals is to take a burst of photos at the highest possible FPS. What settings should I use, other than the ones below?
- Save as JPEG standard, rather than fine, RAW or RAW + JPEG.
- Using the speed priority continuous mode, if the focus and exposure aren't going to change between photos in the burst. Alternatively, using manual focus.
- Is using continuous autofocus going to slow down the burst speed? Or does it set the camera to release priority rather than focus priority, resulting in mis-focused shots, in which case I don't want to use continuous AF.
- My camera has an "AEL w/ shutter" option that controls whether exposure is locked when the shutter button is half-pressed. Does that affect the burst speed?
- Does the autofocus area matter? (Multi, center, flexible spot)
- Does the metering mode matter? (Multi, center, and spot)
Are there other settings to pay attention to, to be able to take a burst at the highest possible FPS?
This is on the Sony NEX-5R.