Was trying to create a photo montage and saw a nice transition effect in Wedding montage by Alex Tan at time 0:39 - 0:40

I not sure what this effect was called:

1. a sudden exposure increase
2. transition to next image
3. sudden exposure reduce back to normal level

Hopefully someone can enlighten me & recommend me which light-weight software (After Effect & Premier too heavy for me) able to do this.

Am using FotoMagico on a Mac at the moment but they do not have this effect.


1 Answer 1


This is called "fade through white" and is available on any decent video editing software. If not directly available, it can be emulated by any video editing software that contains keyframe animation for a brightness effect.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.