i want to measure something in a picture on a plane. To adjust the picture after shooting it e.g. to do lens correction and de-skewing I want to use a calibration ruler as attached.

What is the professional name for such targets and similar ones as below? What is a common source for material like this?

enter image description here



It is called an "ABFO#2" ruler. Check out the page here. You can also find similar ones following that link.

  • it is called a forensic corner square according to the link you supplied - the part number is ABFO#2 at that specific manufacturer. – Steve Barnes Apr 26 '14 at 7:13
  • Actually, you got it wrong, sorry. The "forensic corner square" is the general category or type. See: "The ABFO#2 is the first forensic corner square"... The part number is: "4CSM-WH5x5PL/ORIG". But ... whatever. :-) – TFuto Apr 27 '14 at 11:02
  • 2
    "AFBO" is apparently "American Board of Forensic Odontology" — specifically for bite-mark forensics. Crucially, this isn't at all designed for use in "lens calibration and deskewing" as the question requests. – mattdm Sep 29 '18 at 21:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy