I'm trying to come up with a workflow to organize my library in a sensible way and I wanted suggestions about it. I'm pretty new to light room so here's what I've come up with:
First of I usually take between 150 to 400 shots per session, which means I can't always go through all of them on the same day. So I'm selecting my photos to be:
- Picked (meaning the photo has been developed or in the process of being developed)
- Unpicked (not yet developed)
Discarded ... to delete.
Red: Uncertain photos. I'm not sure about this photo so I want to take a second look and either select or delete.
- Yellow: Keep. This is a photo I'm sure I want to develop and save.
- Green: Final. This photo is final and I'm satisfied with the final result.
- Blue: Family / Moments. This photo isn't worth anything from a photography point of view but it involves something I want to remember (family, trip, etc).
Purple: JPG + Delete. This photo is to be converted to JPG and deleted (no need to keep the RAW file).
Stars: basic 1 to 5 to determine how worth the image is to me.
- Unprocessed to review. Not picked + No color
- Doubtful. Red.
- Important unprocessed. Yellow + Not picked
- Important in progress. Yellow + Picked
- Final. Green
- Family + Moments. Blue
- Family Processed. Blue + Picked.
- Export & Delete. Purple.
Do you have any input on that process? Any suggestions?