I'm using a Nikon d3200 camera, and before updating to Windows 8.1, I could upload my photos using USB to my computer which ran Windows 7 at the time. Currently my PC does not recognize the camera. Is there a solution for it?
Log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator account.
Make sure that the computer is connected with an active Internet connection.
Desktoptile from the
Start screento go to the desktop window.
- Once on the desktop screen, hover mouse to the bottom right corner of the window.
- From the displayed options, click
- On the Settings pane, click
- On the opened Control Panel window, click
Hardware and Sound.
- On Hardware and Sound window, click
Devices and Printerscategory from the right pane.
- On Device Manager window, expand the
Universal Serial Bus controllerscategory.
- Once expanded, right-click the USB controller that is to be updated.
- From the context menu that appears, click
Update Driver Software...to update the driver of the selected USB controller.
9. From the context menu that appears, click
Uninstall (make sure the camera is unplugged)
10.Restart the computer, plug the camera in and wait for
Windows to automatically install the drivers.