I've seen several photos like the example below and I would like to create one. I think it overlaps a profile photo and a front headshot, with lots of local adjustments. Do you know of any (photoshop) tutorial explaining how to create it?

Example photo

  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Why would you want to? Yucc. \$\endgroup\$ Jul 8, 2013 at 13:42
  • \$\begingroup\$ hahahah, I know the first time I felt that too :P it's just for the curiosity \$\endgroup\$
    – dialex
    Jul 8, 2013 at 13:49

2 Answers 2


It's a very clever and effective trick, but provided you have good quality source images it is not that difficult to achieve.


You need to overlay the profile and frontal images so they match up at the corner of the right eye and corner of the mouth (shown by the green circles). Then it's a case of blending between two layers along the red line.

Certain parts of the image might have to be nudged using the liquify tool (or similar) to line up better and there is evidence of this in the example you posted.


You could have also just asked me directly, the guy in the picture. ;)

But yes, it's simply a profile and a frontal shot combined together, if the angles match it's actually not that hard to do.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Small world!! You're right I could have asked directly, but I had some past experiences with photographers that don't bother answering me, so this time I didn't even try it. Thanks mate ;) \$\endgroup\$
    – dialex
    Aug 16, 2013 at 17:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.