I had PS5.1 when I installed LR4 and now I have CS6, but LR4 still opens everything in CS5.1. How do I make it open everything in CS6?
Assuming Windows OS, if you are comfortable editing your registry:
- open registry (using regedit command)
- navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths
- look for a key called "Photoshop.exe"
- if it is there, it will probably contain a path to CS5. Edit the entry and paste in the path to your CS6 executable
- if it is not there, add it using the information in the following
Alternately, uninstall CS5 and then reinstall LR4 and it will pick up CS6.
Apparently one solution is to have your computer lockup and have to hard reset causing LR4 to see CS6 upon startup. I'll leave this open for a more solid answer, preferably one that includes how to revert, or select, the version (or install) of PS that should be used in case I want to go back to an old version at some time.