What kind of rain cover this photographer is using?

I couldn't find anything similar on B&H and Adorama.

enter image description here Photo: Stylecaster, by Jenny Norris

  • 4
    something from his kitchen? – Michael Nielsen Feb 15 '13 at 13:05
  • I don't think so, it looks like that is something tightly fitted around the camera... – Omne Feb 15 '13 at 16:34
  • You can do a lot with Gorilla Tape and large size Zip-lock freezer bags. – Phil Feb 15 '13 at 17:22


None of the photographers appear to be the same, but this is the event where your photo came from, and the general style of cover looks the same. Just perhaps more tightly wrapped in later photos. Maybe not..
Somebody may well have been selling them on the spot - which would account for the similarities.
Photo here


enter image description here

On this page

| improve this answer | |

It appears to be a cheap plastic rain cover that can be purchased over sites like ebay or amazon. You have to search for the terms camera rain cover. These are cheap ones though they only stop rain to a certain amount.

rain cover

| improve this answer | |
  • 6
    It's a shame they don't include a Canon DSLR with their $10 rain cover, but at least they make this point clear in the image. – Matt Grum Feb 15 '13 at 14:53
  • But it looks like that is something tightly fitted around the camera... – Omne Feb 15 '13 at 16:34
  • @MattGrum The camera (body) is obviously not included, but it doesn't say anything about the lens, so buy the rain cover and get the lens. Supply the body yourself. – a CVn Oct 4 '16 at 14:05

It's called a Rain Sleeve. They're about $6.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.