What is the name of the effect used in this photo and how do you apply it to a photo?


As you can see, the nearest servers (which look like cupboards) are somewhat distorted. That is the effect I want to know of.

  • \$\begingroup\$ -1. Stop asking and answering your own questions \$\endgroup\$
    – user9817
    Commented Dec 19, 2012 at 9:55
  • \$\begingroup\$ @ClaraOnager The SO blog says, ..To be crystal clear, it is not merely OK to ask and answer your own question, it is explicitly encouraged.. :D Try the FAQ \$\endgroup\$
    – Sid
    Commented Dec 19, 2012 at 10:33
  • \$\begingroup\$ you're not doing this to help you're doing this to garner reputation \$\endgroup\$
    – user9817
    Commented Dec 19, 2012 at 11:23

1 Answer 1


This effect is called fisheye effect

You can either get this effect by using a fisheye lens or using photoshop. Try googling fisheye effect photoshop. I found there great tutorials there.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.