How can I connect the Nikon el-nikkor 50mm f2.8 enlarging lens to my Canon 5D Mark II? What adapter / reversing ring do I need?

  • Are you going to be using this on a bellows? – BobT Dec 12 '12 at 17:57
  • Wiki says that lens is an M39 mount. I googled M39 to EOS adaptor and a few results came up. I'm sure you could get it to fit with something from there but you might get infinity problems. But then again, you might anyway with a specialised device as it's designed for photographic enlarging. – BBking Dec 13 '12 at 3:56
  • Did you get an answer to this? – user16132 Feb 11 '13 at 21:45

The lens in question is designed for a photographic enlarger which is used during film printing to enlarge the negative onto the photo paper. However, there are places that will, in fact, make adapters one of which is Zörk Film and Phototechnic in Germany. They don't really list the product detail, but if you contact them, they can probably let you know if it is possible. I believe the Multi-Focus System uses enlarger lenses.

For interest, Nikon talks about this lens here: http://www.nikon.com/about/feelnikon/recollections/r15_e/index.htm


I have both the Nikon el-nikkor 50mm f2.8 enlarging lens and a Canon 5D Mark II. I have two ways. 1) Mount the lens on a Canon body cap and use Canon extension tubes to mount the lens. The lens aperture ring is hard to turn, so the mounting to the body cap must be good to avoid the lens twisting off when the aperture is changed. 2) The way I do it is mount a Canon to Pentax screw adapter to the camera, put on Pentax extension tubes (much cheaper than Canon), then, to the extension tubes, I mount the reversed Nikkor with an adapter that I modified. This adapter is part of an old Pentax slide copier that I removed and put in set screws to hold enlarging lenses. But, you could reverse mount the lens to a Pentax body cap, using tape, glue, screws, or the like. ~Bob~

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.