I've seen several mount adapters that allow you to use a Four Thirds lens on a Micro Four Thirds camera. Is there such an adapter that works in the reverse?

For example, I own a four-thirds camera (an Olympus E520), and I'd like to use a Micro Four Thirds lens. Is this possible?


1 Answer 1



The micro four thirds to four thirds adaptor is basically a tube which mounts the four thirds lens further from the sensor.

In order to do the reverse you would have to mount the micro four thirds lens closer to the sensor, which is not possible as there is stuff in the way!

*at least whilst preserving the ability to focus at moderate distances.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.