I take good care of my camera but a while back I started noticing that the rubber on the grip and all the other rubber parts that are made of a similar material are starting to peel off. It's starting to feel a bit strange in my hands and I would like to fix it. Is there a specific glue I should use?


I would refer to my answer to this question. The same guy does canon parts as well.

How to do DIY repair of rubber grips on Nikon cameras?



Also take a look at Sugru (company site and Wikipedia), a self-curing plastic silicone.

You can use it to construct a whole new grip or just add some Sugru to improve the grip.

  • don't use glue on a camera body like that. There are access panels beneath the grip that would be sealed off to repair/maintenance workers if you do so. Which is a main reason the original grip is glued on using double sided tape rather than superglue. – jwenting May 25 '12 at 5:36
  • 1
    It's not really glue, it's more of a clay. I have not used Sugru myself (only seen it), but according to their "About" site: "Once cured, you can remove it with a craft knife and then remove residue with fingernails and tissue paper." Here: photo.stackexchange.com/questions/22721/… it is also given as an answer – Saaru Lindestøkke May 25 '12 at 7:07

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.