What would be the simplest way of transforming a movie recorded by a Canon 7D / 5D in 60 fps, to a 24 / 25 / 30 fps one, to get a slow-motion effect ?

closed as off topic by ElendilTheTall, mattdm, Itai, dpollitt, Matt Grum May 22 '12 at 15:28

Questions on Photography Stack Exchange are expected to relate to photography within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


This is called conforming. You can do this with ffmpeg - a couple of examples:




Just load it into any video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro and adjust the clip speed. (Windows default Live Movie Maker does not allow you to do that but if I remember correctly you can do it in iMovie on the Mac) After you adjust the speed export the movie as 24fps video.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.