I came across the below photo while browsing Wikimedia Commons. (Photo by Fourbyfourblazer)

My Question, how was this photo processed to obtain this effect?

HDR, Photoshop Filters, What?

Photo by Fourbyfourblazer

  • The photographer's name is Chris Yarzab. Maybe he'd be willing to share what he did if you ask him? flickr.com/photos/chrisyarzab/3053772197 – user2559 Dec 18 '11 at 7:22
  • 1
    The effect here looks quite a bit different than the original that Kim linked. Did the wikipedia commons one have additional post processing done? – jrista Dec 18 '11 at 21:15

I used Photoshop with Topaz Labs Denoise and Adjust.

  • Well that's a pretty definitive answer then! :) – MikeW Dec 19 '11 at 0:04
  • Lol, can't argue with that. – rfusca Dec 19 '11 at 0:57
  • 2
    You should have seen my reaction when it was "you" replying. My mouth dropped open and I laughed out loud. What can I say? Hiding my adoration for your work with that photo is not possible. Simply wonderful! I can't wait to see more of your works on flickr. May your holidays be harmonious and offer you surprises like you just gave me. This was great! – L84 Dec 19 '11 at 2:42
  • Thanks for the appreciation. The photo is an early version of my work. There are far more talented people than me. If I just had some training I'm sure the quality of my work would be of greater interest. Using Photoshop Elements 9 with Topaz Labs filters has brought life to my dull photos. :-) – Chris Dec 20 '11 at 11:10
  • Amazing how nine words can get you 120 rep. – J. Walker Jul 3 '12 at 23:22

Looks like LucisArt to me. Could be Topaz Adjust, or any HDR program.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.