I enjoy making time-lapse pictures with my Coolpix s550 and software. However, the shortest interval for the s550 is 30 seconds. I would like to know if there is a camera for under $150 that has shorter time intervals... perhaps ~5 second intervals or less?
How about one of the cheap Canon PowerShots with CHDK installed?
Brinno make a specialized time-lapse camera for $149 Sold by Photojojo and others
- weather resistant (don't have to risk your SLR getting soaked)
- has normal and macro lens setting macro is about 19" or .5m
- six standard time settings of 1 minute, 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 1, 4 and 24 hours
- one custom time setting you can program anywhere between 5 seconds and 12 hours
battery life (4 AA)
- @5 second setting, will capture 28000 frames over 38 hours
- @24 hour setting, will capture 200 frames over 200 days