I am looking for a release form so I can use pictures I took of my clients on my website and on promotional material.

I have no intention of selling the photos.

I have no idea what to even google. Any suggestions?

  • Google 'Model Release Form' or simply include a clause saying something like 'The model agrees that the photographer can use any photographs taken in promotional material unless expressly informed otherwise' Sep 20, 2011 at 7:09
  • 2
    And note that the form of release differs from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, so include your country/state in the search term. If your results include your national professional photographic association, that would be your best bet.
    – user2719
    Sep 20, 2011 at 11:01

2 Answers 2


Check these links, I have found them all useful in the past.

(If you have a Getty account then you can just download theirs. The same may well go for other stock agencies.)

Edit: also check out this iPhone app, it looks excellent and the releases generated are accepted by Getty and Alamy: https://www.facebook.com/pages/VMRelease/105679776169458


If you are in Canada, you might consider the CAPIC release form templates.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.