I obtained this surplus quick-release and I would like to buy a matching camera plate. Does anyone know what type this is?

It is about 2 1/2 inches square.

enter image description here

  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Looks like a plate for something really big & heavy like a movie camera. \$\endgroup\$
    – xenoid
    Commented Feb 5 at 9:52

1 Answer 1


That is a Manfrotto 577 clamp and it uses the 501PL sliding plate... it was used on video heads, but there's no reason it can't be used for other purposes as well.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.