For my Mamiya RZ67 I got one of these old polaroid backs, but I made the mistake of not checking if there are still films available. What I read so far is that it takes Fuji FP100c (and similar) Polaroid films, however they are no longer manufactured and ridiculously expensive (something like >$100 for one pack...).

Are there any modern remakes available that the Polaroid back will eat? Like the Polaroid 600 films? I found already modern backs that eat Instax films too, however I'm curious if I can use the Polaroid back or should sell it again.

1 Answer 1


FP100c is a peel-apart film. Integral films like the Polaroid 600 cannot be used with a peel-apart back.

There is only one peel-apart film currently manufactured, but it's hand-made and therefore rather expensive, and I'm not sure whether it would be compatible with your specific film back or not: https://the.supersense.com/products/one-instant (note that 1 pack = 1 picture)

  • 2
    One Instant is designed to be compatible with existing Type 100 (4x3 peel-apart) cameras and backs -- for all the good that does at something like $15 a print...
    – Zeiss Ikon
    Nov 1, 2022 at 11:31
  • Oof, ok, thank you, will sell the Polaroid back then.
    – Matty
    Nov 2, 2022 at 19:18

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.