I walked past this incomplete negative enlarger [see images below] at a yard sale, and I impulsively picked it up for next to nothing. I would appreciate if anyone could help identify the model, and if possible what I would need to get it working.

Some observations:

  • The enlarger body itself has no markings that I can find. Some image Googling seem to suggest the make to be a Durst. Based on the size of the opening over the lens, 36mm, I'm guessing that the enlarger is for 135 film only, no medium format. Any ideas on the model?
  • It comes with a detachable EL-Nikkor 50 mm, f/4 lens.
  • It lacks the enlarger head. (I think that's the name for the piece that should go on top of the lens and hold the negative.) Do I need a very specific head, or will multiple different Durst heads work?
  • It's missing its base plate. If in a pinch, I could try to make one myself.

Full side view

Front view, missing head

Top view, the square hole to the lens is just under 36 mm wide.


1 Answer 1


A Durst M300 35mm Black&White enlarger. Parts missing include- 1) Condenser box. 2) Film Negative holder. 3) Baseboard with pole bracket. It will not be prudent to spend money on finding parts. If you want an enlarger that works- look further. The parts you do have could be very useful- The lens might make a great copy lens (if you can find adapters for a camera mount). The Column with height winder makes a great copy stand- you would need a baseboard and bracket for the column. http://www.jollinger.com/photo/cam-coll/manuals/enlargers/durst/Durst_M300.pdf


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.