enter image description here

I.e. the inner edges of the frame are "deeper" and closer to the image, whereas the outer edges are closer to the viewer?


1 Answer 1


It's called a beveled frame...

  • \$\begingroup\$ ... with a mat, it would appear... \$\endgroup\$
    – twalberg
    Apr 26, 2022 at 12:27
  • \$\begingroup\$ @twalberg or mount in UK English. \$\endgroup\$
    – dmkonlinux
    Apr 26, 2022 at 17:43
  • \$\begingroup\$ Why even bother with a matte/mount that thin? Most galleries that require mattes expect at least 2" on each side for smaller prints and even more for larger prints. \$\endgroup\$
    – Michael C
    Apr 27, 2022 at 6:54
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ @MichaelC Because it looks good? \$\endgroup\$
    – jarnbjo
    Apr 27, 2022 at 20:05
  • \$\begingroup\$ @jarnbjo I think it distracts from the picture. I think it would look better with a darker neutral color and width at least equal to the width of the frame. \$\endgroup\$
    – Michael C
    Apr 28, 2022 at 3:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.