Pretty much title.
- I imported a few photos in Lightroom yesterday.
- Today I shift deleted (Windows Explorer) those photos from the import folder thinking I still have copies on my memory card (I don't)
- I can see, not edit the .NEF files in lightroom.
How do I save those .NEF raw files back to disk? Here's what I've tried:
- The export option for these photos is greyed out. I can export as .JPEG but going through the menu I get "Originals missing for some images, smart previews will be used, if available". I don't think I had enabled SP's :( Continuing onwards and trying to export does not write any files to disk.
- I tried using Window's file recovery tool but the recovered NEF files are corrupted in some way and can't be opened in Photoshop.
Don't shift+delete just because you can folks.