I'm using a Nikon D3100 with a Tamron 18-200. I purchased this lens from eBay, it is brand new. The owner says he never used it and kept if for almost 2 years without using it.
At 18mm the lens won't focus, the image is blurry. The centre and right focus points have the same problem; the image is not in focus. When I try to focus from the left focus points it is fine. Using manual focus resolves the issue. And at other focal lengths, the focus seems to be sharp.
My 18-55mm kit lens works fine with my camera.
I have tried,
- Turning the camera off, removing the battery and restarting.
- Removing any filters from the lens.
- Checked the lens's front and back elements are crystal clean.
- Removed and remounted the lens to make sure it's properly seated.
- Turned auto/manual focus on/off.
- Resetting the camera settings.
- Cleaned AF contact points, both on body and lens.
What do you think is the issue here? Can a lens calibration be done? Is my camera body not working with the lens?