I am moving to new computer and I want to transfer Lightroom watermark and export settings to new computer. Any suggestions how I can save the settings and transfer to new computer ?
- Right click on the Export Setting preset you want to save.
- Click Export. Save to a directory.
Bring this file to your new machine, and go to the Lightroom export dialog. Make sure to install any export plugins like Mogrify first.
- Right click in an empty area of the preset listings.
- Click Import. Navigate to the setting file you brought over.
Open the Lightroom Preferences:
- Edit menu > Preferences...
- Click on the "Presets" tab
- In the "Location" panel, click the button "Show Lightroom Presets Folder..."
On PC, File Explorer opens.
- Navigate into the "Lightroom" folder
In here you will see many folders, all relating to presets that you, as an end-user, can customise and configure for Lightroom.
The question here relates to watermarks and export settings. Mine are in the subfolder "Export Presets" and then "User Presets" - but you should either check the folders individually for yourself and choose the ones of interest, or just grab the whole Lightroom folder and copy that (or merge that) into your new Lightroom installation.
This will move all your watermarks in one go. (I have 34 different watermarks I use for different projects, so yeah, the export/import one-by-one wasn't going to be a goer).