Here is what I did today:
- Calibrated my monitor with the xrite i1Display Studio.
- Decided to switch to a default non calibrated profile for now.
- Started Lightroom and edited a photo.
- Noticed that something is off with the contrast.
- Thought it has something to do with the color profile so I restarted my PC (Win10) and reopened Lightroom and resetted my monitor color profiles.
- The images in Lightroom and Photoshop show too much contrast. The exported image shows the correct amount of contrast in Irfanview and in my browser. I validated this with old photos where I knew what the contrast level is.
Know comes the strange part. If I show the before/after side by side in Lightroom the contrast in the "after" photo is correct. When I go out of the comparison view, the contrast increases. I can upload some screenshots later.
- Windows 10
- Lightroom Classic v9.4 (also happened in v10)
- RAW images from a Sony A7SII
TL;DR Lightroom shows too much contrast when in normal develop view (might be called loupe view) but shows correct contrast in before/after comparison.