So I've spent the entire afternoon trying to get EOS Utility to detect my 60D without breakthrough and I'm desperate for help!
What I have done so far:
- Updated anything that could be updated on my computer
- Restarted many times
- Uninstalled and reinstalled EOS Utility 2 and 3 and any other canon software
- Tried all the USB ports on my computer (over 20)
- Tried 2 different cables
- Tested the cables and SD cards in an T7i with success (was able to connect to EOS Utility 3 and offload my pictures that way)
- Updated the camera's firmware
- I'm on windows 10 64 bit so I uninstalled the camera through Device Manager
I'm out of ideas at this point... It worked last week if you can beleive it, and I changed nothing to the setup since! I really like that my pictures gets automatically sorted by dates and that it's noted that the pictures were transfered at least once. I know I can just throw the SD card in the reader and call it a day but I enjoy my things working as intedted and as usual!
I was able to get my hands on a second windows 10 computer that already had a known working EOS utility 2 (a laptop from work) and connecting the 60D to this laptop was detected correctly and I was able to use the software as usual. This probably means a deeper problem than eighter the camera, cable, usb controller or software. Perhaps a registry error of some kind.
I'll keep this post up to date if I ever get to fix this without a fresh Windows 10 install...
I've found some Canon documentation that recommended to restart after uninstalling EOS Utility software, so I did. Afterward, I did a c:/ drive search for "canon", and removed everything that was Canon related. I also cleaned up the registry of any traces of "Canon" or "EOS" including the device cache for my camera... Or at least until I was sick of it because noting relevent came up after a while. Afterward, I restarted again. Re-installed the EOS Utilities. Restarted again. And... Nothing, still don't work. I cannot make heads or tail of this issue and now I am truely out of resources...
Please, if someone out there knows this issue's solution, help!