I was wondering what's the name of the effect in this photograph. I've heard of Chromatic Aberration, but I'm not really sure.

In any case, is it possible to reproduce this kind of effect (without photoshop, of course)?

Luciano Supervielle

PS_ The photo is from Luciano Supervielle's latest album.


That is definitely not chromatic aberration. It looks like an artistic effect inspired by Anaglyph images, which are those old style 3D images that used red and blue goggles.

Edit: On further inspection it appears to actually be an anaglyph image, although it is of course possible that this was used as an artistic effect.

  • Right! I forgot to mention it looked like 3D on some spots, like on the glass. Definitely something to check out. Thanks!
    – Nacho
    May 16 '11 at 16:15
  • 2
    I put on some 3D glasses (don't know why we had those at work) and it gives a really cool effect! The background, the guy and the glass seem to be on 3 different planes. Try it out.
    – Nacho
    May 16 '11 at 18:07
  • 1
    The glass appears to be floating :)
    – Francesco
    Apr 29 '12 at 17:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.