I was wondering what's the name of the effect in this photograph. I've heard of Chromatic Aberration, but I'm not really sure.

In any case, is it possible to reproduce this kind of effect (without photoshop, of course)?

Luciano Supervielle

PS_ The photo is from Luciano Supervielle's latest album.


1 Answer 1


That is definitely not chromatic aberration. It looks like an artistic effect inspired by Anaglyph images, which are those old style 3D images that used red and blue goggles.

Edit: On further inspection it appears to actually be an anaglyph image, although it is of course possible that this was used as an artistic effect.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Right! I forgot to mention it looked like 3D on some spots, like on the glass. Definitely something to check out. Thanks! \$\endgroup\$
    – Ignacio
    Commented May 16, 2011 at 16:15
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ I put on some 3D glasses (don't know why we had those at work) and it gives a really cool effect! The background, the guy and the glass seem to be on 3 different planes. Try it out. \$\endgroup\$
    – Ignacio
    Commented May 16, 2011 at 18:07
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ The glass appears to be floating :) \$\endgroup\$
    – Francesco
    Commented Apr 29, 2012 at 17:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.