I bought a Soligor 80-200mm lens. The seller told me that it is M42 mount, but when I received it, I found out that is not M42. The seller doesn't answer my phone calls. I tried to recognize it alone. I thought it might be MC/MD, so I bought an adapter and tried it on old Minolta cameras. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Can anyone help me find out what mount is this?

soligor lens mount


1 Answer 1


The mount on your lens appears to be the one used by the Rolleiflex SL35 line of cameras. Rollei couldn't be bothered to give the mount an official name, so it's unofficially known as the Quick Bayonet Mount (QBM).

The mount locks using a notched tab (A) when turned clockwise. Other mounts that lock using a notched tab include Minolta SR/MC/MD and Contax/Yashica (C/Y). The easiest way to differentiate them is to note the types and positions of other lens-camera linkages.

For QBM, auto aperture is controlled by a pin (B) that's adjacent to the notched tab. Aperture setting for TTL metering is communicated to the camera via a tab (C) opposite the notched tab.

Rollei QBM


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.