Sometime back I accidentally dropped my canon EFS 18-55mm lens (open caps); I cleaned the contact areas and any kind of dirt I could see on it. After that it was a bit jittery whenever I zoomed, but soon it became normal as before. After taking a number of shots through it, it has started to show Err01 at following times :
- On taking flash-on shots at 18 mm
- On taking shot at auto-focus using remote live view function of canon app. ( I have already tried cleaning lens and camera contacts. Lens is auto-focusing fine and clicking shots at other positions under flash-on)
Also, I started to feel little tight while focusing down to 18mm focal length. Upon closer inspection, I found something loosely hanging inside the lens. Upon rotating the lens upside-down, it is moving inside and out:
- Seeing inside from lens front
- Seeing inside from lens back
- Image taken with black obstruction visible at top
Please share how terribly bad this problem is and whether lens could be repaired without loosing big amount of money?