I work in a public research institute and on one setup we have the following lens:

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

It works well and I'd like to replicate the setup, but there is no reference on the lens, not even a brand name. It is C-mount. Can anyone recognize this lens?

It's a pretty old one, It's been on a shelf for years (if not decades). It may not be sold anymore; in this case, can anyone point me out to something equivalent?

  • \$\begingroup\$ Hello! I am not sure about the exact lens model, but if you search "tv zoom lens 12.5 75mm f1.8" on google, you might find the lens - there are many similar-looking. \$\endgroup\$
    – jng224
    Aug 4, 2020 at 17:56
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ "research institute and on one setup" What set up is that? what is it used for? Context about what it is attached to and what it is used for may help. \$\endgroup\$
    – Alaska Man
    Aug 4, 2020 at 18:12
  • \$\begingroup\$ Are you sure there's also no brand markings on the mount, such as in the third photo here? \$\endgroup\$
    – Kahovius
    Aug 4, 2020 at 21:09
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ I’m voting to close this question because it is not about producing photographs, it is about a closed circuit video monitoring system. \$\endgroup\$
    – Michael C
    Aug 5, 2020 at 8:56
  • 3
    \$\begingroup\$ @MichaelC It's a question about a piece of equipment, a lens. My usage of it is barely relevant to the question, and there may be photographers here that know this lens. Besides, can you tell me what Stack Exchange site would be more appropriate? \$\endgroup\$
    – Ratbert
    Aug 5, 2020 at 9:25

2 Answers 2


Thanks for the comments and for redirecting me to eBay. I found those visually very similar lenses that fit the specifications:

It seems that the same lens has been sold by different companies, so my guess is that mine has been sold by a reseller that did not engrave a name on it. It seems it's not sold anymore by any of the three companies cited above, so I'll go with buying one on eBay.


Ir is a zoom lens for 2/3 inch sensors for video recording. This is a consumer model, made in Japan. This would have been Canon, Tamron or Fujinon, at the time this was made in the 1960s. Many names could have been attached to their production overflow.

Don't pay more than $50 for one. If it is to be used on a CS-mount camera then you will need a 5mm spacer ($2 or so).

Good Luck!


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.