I've just bought a Canon EOS 4000D which shipped with a EF-S 18-55m 1:3.5-5.6 III kit lens.

Which lens hood should I purchase that is compatible with this lens?

Any resources on how to know which lens hood is compatible for which lens would also be much appreciated.

2 Answers 2


The Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 III is low cost kit lens without Image stabilization. It is based on the older EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II and uses the same EW-60C lens hood. It is not a very well known lens and even Canon websites don't have much information about the correct lens hood for it. The best info source may be Wikipedia: Canon EF-S 18-55mm lens

Some unscrupulous third party, (non-Canon) manufacturers sell a EW-60C “petal” or “flower” shaped lens hood. Because this lens has a front section that rotates as you focus, it will cause the “petal” hood to be visible in the photo at 18mm.

enter image description here


Canon EW-63C Lens Hood for EF-S 18-55mm (Canon part #8268B001). Or you can get an after market one on Amazon for cheap.

  • Forgot to add just google your lens tons of info plus Accessories
    – Myk
    Jul 31, 2020 at 0:09
  • This answer is incorrect for the question asked. The EW-63C ONLY fits the STM versions of the 18-55. The original question is about the EF-S 18-55m 1:3.5-5.6 III. Please edit or delete this answer. May 15 at 20:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.