I am very new to photography so forgive me if I don’t use correct terminology. I just got a Canon EOS Rebel SL3. A friend of mine gifted me some vintage lenses. But I can’t figure out which adapter I need to purchase to use the vintage lenses on my new Canon. I don’t know even where to start as I don’t know the different lenses that well or how this works.

I have the following lenses:

  1. Promaster SP MC Zoom 1:4.5 f=80-200mm
  2. Soligor MC zoom+macro 28-70mm 1:3.5-4.5
  3. SMC Pentax-M 1:2 50mm

Any information would be so helpful as this is all new to me and I am so lost.

1 Answer 1


Assuming that all three lenses were for the same “vintage” camera, you will need a Pentax K mount to Canon EF-S mount adapter.

These lenses will be manual focus and manual aperture only. They might be difficult to use for a beginner, and the optical quality is probably not as good as your kit lens.

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.