Long story short:
What I have:
- Panasonic GH4
- Endless 3D printing options for making my own adapters
- Very, very nice japanese retro prime lens from almost 50 years ago (yeah, it really looks absolutely amazing)
Description of what I need:
- Super Zoom lens. 18-200mm best. (this is 1:10 ratio - no 1:4 ratio or less wanted)
- I do not care about the mount - I happily use adapters (GH4 can use almost any manual lens on planet)
- I do not care about sacrificing autofocus. I never use it anyway.
- It can be with electronics - if it works without them(!)
- Parfocal or close to parfocal (mandatory)
What I thought about:
- Adapting the Sigma DC 18-200 mm AF + MF F3.5-6.3
- Adapting the Tamron AF A14 18-200 mm F3.5-6.3
Why I do not do it: - Both example lenses are electronic lenses. Can the Focus still work without any power? On the Sony Nex 5N there was a lens, which only worked with power. The focus wheel was a rotary encoder of some sort and had no stop/end at all.
I am okay with retros - they at least have no electronics and that would really help a lot for adapting to another camera.
I do not care, if the result is a perfect setup or not.
Thanks a lot for you camera pro's!
I am searching for low budget gear. That is, why I accept retro lenses a lot.