I have a Godox AD200 with an XPro-C transmitter and I would like to get my Canon 430EX II to fire with it, off camera.

Do I need to attach an X1R or an X2T to the bottom of the 430EX II to make it work with my setup?


2 Answers 2


You have to attach an X1R-C receiver to the foot of the 430EX II to use it in the Godox 2.4 GHz radio system. The X2T is a dedicated transmitter unit and cannot be used as a receiver.

Ideally, I would recommend that you consider getting a Godox TT685-C or V860II-C speedlight instead to use as your off-camera speedlight. It's more expensive than the receiver, but more convenient and robust for off-camera flash setups (they have a built-in Godox transceiver unit so you don't have to attach anything to the feet). Also, unlike the X1R-C, the TT685-C and V860II-C, if firmware updated, can be used cross-brand with Godox transmitters for Nikon, Sony, Fuji, Olympus/Panasonic and Pentax. So if you ever leave the Canon fold, you can still use those speedlights as off-camera TTL flashes over radio; all you have to do is rebuy your transmitter. The X1R-C becomes a manual-only receiver if used cross-brand.


Yes, you need to attach a separate receiver to the foot of the 430EX II.

The 430EX II has a built-in flash wireless slave system, but it will only operate with Canon's proprietary optical wireless system, and only when used with an compatible "Master" flash like a 580EX II, Canon ST-E2, or the built-in flash of some cameras like the T7i or 90D.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Thank you, does it matter if I go with an X1r or an X2t? \$\endgroup\$ Mar 9, 2020 at 17:47
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ The X1R should work but I think the X2T is just a transmitter and will not work as a receiver. \$\endgroup\$ Mar 9, 2020 at 19:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.