How can I connect an unthreaded boom spigot to a 3/8"connector? enter image description here


With an adapter like this:

Manfrotto 014-38 Rapid Adapter - 5/8" Stud to 3/8" Thread

That's the Manfrotto 014-38 Rapid Adapter - 5/8" Stud to 3/8" Thread

Note that you can attach the 5/8" pin in either horizontal configuration (through the holes) or vertically (from the bottom).

Specific example for illustrative purpose — you can find these in other brands in various qualities and prices.

  • Super. 90° options. I saw that before at $23 and said absolutely not. BH - $13; Amazon - $10. And for fun I will leave a review that says "Doesn't work on a Kindle." – Randy Zeitman Oct 1 '19 at 1:24
  • $20+ does seem pretty rich. On the other hand, if you're attaching hundreds of dollars of equipment, or if failure at the wrong time could otherwise be costly — well, I'd at least avoid the super-cheap no-name ones. – Please Read Profile Oct 1 '19 at 1:26
  • Perfect. 90° as well. BH new - $13; Amazon $10; BH used $8! ... but you can't order until Tuesday night. Amazon done. Thank you. – Randy Zeitman Oct 1 '19 at 1:29
  • You can get lots of variations on a theme, including ones with a removable 'hat' that supports both thread sizes too & becomes the stud end if required, 2 or 3 quid/bucks/shekels on eBay. BTW, did you try unscrewing that stud end/'hat'? – Tetsujin Oct 1 '19 at 9:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.