This question has arisen from this post:
This crisis happened because I did not backup the SD card.
This is how I organize photos today...
- Create a directory based on year on my external USB drive.
- Create sub-directories like; family, hobbies, boating, etc
- Copy the photos from SD card into the appropriate folders. For example, copy all photos on a boat to z:/photos/2019/boating.
- Format the SD card
- Backup external USB drive to external USB backup_drive for safety.
- Repeat the process for all my SD cards
This is a laborious process and I had to spend good money to rescue the SD card because I was in a rush and did not backup.
What can I do to make this easy so I can so this regularly?
In addition, much time is used to post process some of the photos I want to print