Normally I develop C41 at the high street shop (i.e SnappySnap, Max, Boots). If I've made a reversed 35mm film (redscale) can I send it as normal for development?

1 Answer 1


If by 'homemade' you mean you have turned the film over so the emulsion is on the 'wrong' side, then yes, I'm sure you can. You might want to turn it back over so it is the right way round before sending it off.

  • do I need to turn it back because automatic machines that a big studio will use to develop?
    – Andy Andy
    Jul 20, 2019 at 17:01
  • I don't know whether it is necessary to do so, but it is safer to do so! For instance when I hand-process B/W film I am much more careful with the emulsion side than the back of the film, so it helps a lot that I know which side that is. The automatic process may also rely on that: I just don't know enough about how the machines work.
    – user82065
    Jul 20, 2019 at 17:05

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.