I have difficulties to search this online without help.

In the USA there is the Association Society of Media Photographers.

I was hoping to find a similar association in Western Europe, in particular Germany (but other countries within the European Economic Area are very welcome too).

  • Why not contact the ASMP and ask them if they work with (or know of) a sister organization in Germany?
    – Michiel M
    May 29, 2019 at 21:36
  • dgph.de
    – MrUpsidown
    Dec 1, 2019 at 22:04

2 Answers 2


The Association of Photographers (AOP) is a trade association mainly for British & European professional photographers. They also accept members from any other country.


Different countries, different languages, not that many EU-wide syndicates. For France try the Syndicat National des Photographes.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.