The buffer size on my Nikon D610 is acting very strangely indeed; it seems to be capped at 14 exposures in RAW, regardless of RAW setting. I have tried the following:
- Firmware update to C:1.04 (released 21.02.2019)
- Setup menu reset (two green dots to reset)
- Custom menu reset
- Shooting menu reset
- Different cards (Sony 32gb 94MB/s, SanDisk Ultra 80MB/s)
- Reset colorspace setting (AdobeRGB to sRGB)
- Turned off Active D-Lighting (normal to off)
- Reset High ISO noise reduction (high to normal)
- Long exposure noise reduction (never on)
- Removed MB-D14 grip
This is definitely not normal behavior, especially since Nikon themselves advertise dramatically larger buffer sizes.
LL is lossless, Comp. is compressed. Claimed numbers come from Nikon USA. Actual numbers are from the camera in question.
Is there anything else that I can try that could be impacting the buffer size?