There are two things on the front.

An hole with a metal rod in it [perhaps a connection for something]

A red piece of glass with something in it. [stupid guess says it's an charging indicator.]

What are these things?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Hueco, scottbb, xiota, flolilo, Romeo Ninov Feb 24 at 7:52

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


When looking for information about something, it always is a good idea to do a quick research in the manual. The 600EX-RT's manual shows on p. 6:

Slightly edited and cut version from manual, p.6

So my guess is that you mean the external metering sensor and the optical transmission wireless sensor, which both sit just above the AF-assist beam emitter (that would be my third guess).

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.