Hi I would like to have a fluffy effect for the details of my image, and I have tried tools such as Sharpen, Blur in Fliter, and Clarity in RAW manipulation, but in vain.

The left hand side is the original pic and the right one is what I want. enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

The original pic : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alipxzqy9-AoazjWAKXR3PD_hwU

The ideal pic: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alipxzqy9-AobA5mrRvlzz_6bXM

  • I have to admit, not what I immediately pictured when you said a “fluffy, furry effect.” – Hueco Jan 31 at 15:27
  • @Hueco Well... Sorry for the vague description, maybe blurred is more appropriate – IsaKyodo Jan 31 at 15:28
  • I'll leave you to google "furries" at your discretion. God, I've been on the internet too long. The first one looks similar to an effect I used on a portrait once...let me see if I can dig up the edit list... – Hueco Jan 31 at 17:21

Perhaps what you seek is one of the following:

  • Soft focus.
  • Glow. Don't know the proper name for the appearance, but many older lenses give everything a "glow" or "halo" when shot wide open.
  • Orton effect. Apparently used in a lot of landscape photos. Originated in dark room, but digitally mimicked by combining blurred and sharp layers.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.