First let me say I am not a photographer, however I have a photo that was taken of my mom, myself and niece that is very dear to me. The photo was not properly focused I don't think. Could a professional improve the focus? I would love to enlarge and frame it.

  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Hi Robin, welcome to Photo.SE. Without seeing the photo to see how badly out of focus it is, your question is unfortunately unclear. If you upload the photo, we could possibly help you better. I understand that perhaps you might not want to upload the photo for privacy reasons. If that's the case, I will link to some existing questions to give you an idea of what can be done to try to fix focus after the fact. \$\endgroup\$
    – scottbb
    Dec 29, 2018 at 21:26
  • 3

1 Answer 1


Professional photographers can do wonders, though the skill level in photoshop varies fairly widely among the group. Finding one with the right skill set will be your challenge.

That being said, photographers typically stop right after manipulation - they don’t typically add things that weren’t there. In your out of focus shot, you have details missing due to the focus.

A graphic artist may be able to take things a step further by adding back those lost details.

This better be one heck of a sentimental photo though, because either option above is going to cost a bit.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.