I have a Nikon F3 and an AF-S Nikkor 50mm 1:1.8 G Lens. What aperture control Enabler do I need?


1 Answer 1


Assuming you're talking about mounting the lens to the camera in the normal way, then in order to control the aperture on a Nikkor "G" lens, you need a compatible camera body. The F3 is not compatible with Nikkor "G" lenses, it that it has no way to control the aperture.

If you're talking about reverse-mounting your lens to your camera body for macro work, then you can control the aperture of any Nikon F-mount G or D lens by using a variety of options. See this question for more information: Is there a way to adjust the aperture of a Nikon lens without a camera or physical aperture ring?


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.