I was trying to get sand out of my lens and accidentally broke one of the flex cables. I want to fix it myself but I don't know where to get the right replacement for the specific part it was attached to.

Does anyone know the name of this specific lens part and/or cable shape name?

image 1 image 2

Edit: This is the 15 - 60 mm lens

  • 1
    Presumably this is the 16-50mm kit lens? – mattdm Aug 25 '18 at 16:08
  • "I was trying to get sand out of my lens..." And what lens would that be? – Michael C Aug 25 '18 at 18:38
  • @mattdm Would that be the 16-50mm f/2-2.8 or the 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6? – Michael C Aug 25 '18 at 18:51
  • @MichaelClark I meant the latter. Did they sell the faster one as a higher-end kit option? – mattdm Aug 25 '18 at 19:19
  • I don't know. But looking at Samsung's support site, apparently the lens (along with the body color) is indicated by the specific model name the cameras was sold as: e.g. EV-NX3000BOIGB, The f/3.5-5.6 doesn't look large enough to contain the part in the first photo in the OP. – Michael C Aug 25 '18 at 21:26

Since the Samsung NX system is dead, your best bet will probably be to try and find a part scavenged from another example of the same lens. You might get lucky on eBay, but you'll probably need to know the part number. Finding a catalogue number online is pretty much impossible without knowing which specific lens you're talking about.

The fly in the ointment will probably be that ribbon cables are some of the most common parts in a lens to fail (whether by normal wear-and-tear or by mistakes made when disassembling) and thus many or most examples of parted-out lenses will have the same issue yours does.

Good luck!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.