Access earned at 500 reputation
The First answers queue contains the first few answers created by new users, who may not fully understand the best way to answer questions. The purpose of this queue is to give special attention to users who may need to be educated on some aspect of our model, and to answers that are more likely to need improvement.
- Choose Looks OK if the post requires no intervention.
- Choose Edit (or suggest an edit) if the post is clear and within guidelines but could use some editing help to improve grammar, spelling, or formatting.
- Choose Share feedback if the post has the potential to be a good answer, but cannot be improved by anyone but the post author. Choose from the standardized responses or leave a custom comment. You can either post a standardized comment as the Community bot or post as yourself and receive notifications.
- Choose Other action if the post needs to be flagged or requires a combination of interactions. The answer must be flagged first to select this option.
- Choose Skip if you’re unsure about what to do.
One review from a user is enough to dismiss the task, so review carefully to ensure that this answer meets site expectations. Here are some guidelines when reviewing and deciding which actions to take on new posts:
- Check that the post author attempts to provide a focused answer, and not a simple comment or a new question.
- Review the “Other answers” tab (if it exists) to confirm that the answer is unique and distinct from the existing answers to the question.
- The post should not contain broken links or be exclusively made up of links.
- If the post is spam or contains undisclosed promotional links, flag it as "spam".
- If the post is offensive, flag it as "rude or abusive".
For more information on how to edit effectively, please see our Help Center article about editing.