Photography Stack Exchange is for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers.
If you have a question about …
- photographic processing or retouching
- using photographic equipment
- techniques and best practices
- history of photography
- photography in society
- improving an aspect of a photograph
and it is not about ...
- open-ended requests for photo critiques (see also)
- unreleased equipment
- videography that has no applicability to still photography
- Which camera or brand is the "best"
- Graphic Design
- Web Site Development
- Image Manipulation (outside of the Photography context)
- Open ended purchase recommendations that are subject to change
… then you're in the right place to ask your question!
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"
We also have sister sites that cover specific topics in more detail:
- Video Production for video creation and editing.
- Graphic Design for graphic arts, web design, layout and printing, and Illustration.
- Super User for computer hardware and computer software.
- Software Recommendations for computer software options.
Please look around to see if your question has been asked before. It’s also OK to ask and answer your own question.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Photography Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.