Studio lighting can range from the extremely simple single light or reflector setups, to extremely complicated multi-light, multi-phased setups. From simple to complicated setups, if it involves artificially lighting objects or people within the studio environment, it is generally considered to be studio lighting.
- In portrait photography, what is 'broad' lighting? What is 'short' lighting?
- What is Rembrandt Lighting, and When do I Use It?
- What is split portrait lighting?
- What is Butterfly Lighting, and When Do I Use It?
- What is clamshell lighting, and when should it be used?
- What is lighting ratio?
- How do I create a (good) Hair Light?
- What is a kicker?
- What is “feathering” a light?
- What should I consider when choosing continuous lighting vs. strobes for studio photography?
- What is the difference between a softbox and a shoot-through umbrella?
- What are the different kind of light modifiers and their uses?
Beyond three-light setups